SILVER
BROWSING ITEMS
HEADLINES
Art & Antiques by Dr. Lori
Try to polish silver and silver plate items like tea trays, water. In the world of art and antiques. silver pieces including silver plate. Basically, as you clean or polish sterling silver or silver plate, you rub off a layer of the metal’s sheen.
Collecting Metalware
The variety of antiques is endless. We cover all the basics of metalware that are considered antiques. Metalware is any item made of metal-silver, silver-plate, gold, iron, steel, pewter, copper, bronze, tin, sterling silver, coin silver, brass.
How to Identify Silver Vs. Silver Plate
925" or the fraction. It is necessary to tell the difference between silver and silver plate if you are collecting silver antiques or coins. item does not have a sterling mark or other European hallmark, it is plated silver. Look for the number ".
ANTIQUES; Silver Spoons for Victorian Yuppies
The escalation was seen in June 1987 when a magnificent pair of six-foot-tall silver candelabra made by. Mike two pn and pitchers from the gaslight era in auctions and antiques. old American silver have doubled, tripled or risen as much as 10 times.
REVIEWS
Different Types Of Silver
German Silver: This term is generally used to refer to 800-standard silver, which consists of 80% silver and is commonly used for silverware,silver tableware and decorative silver accents. Sterling Silver: Sterling to a piece of silver indicates that it contains at least 92.5% of pure silver. Remaining 7.5% can be comprised of any other metal alloy.Fine Silver: This type of silver has a silver content of 99.9% or higher. It is too soft to be used for everday applications like jewelry, handicraft.Britannia Silver: A higher grade than sterling silver, Britannia has a silver content of atleast 95.84%Mexican SIlver: Another premium silver, Mexican silver consists of at least 95% pure silver and 5% copper.Coin Silver: Comprised of 90% silver and 10% copper, coin silver is made from melting down standard silver coins.Lower in silver content than sterling, it was widely used as silver tableware in US between 1820 and 1868.

Ivy Manor Antiques
Toronto area dealer offers sterling and silverplate flatware and holloware, pattern matching services and other silver antiques.

POPULAR SEARCHES